photo courtesy of Brand Mill
Subject: Multicultural Marketing
Chat Hashtag: #FierceChat
Date: Tuesday Oct 18, 2011
Time: 5 pm – 6 pm PT
This week we have special guest Mike Street, Senior Digital Strategist, who is co-hosting this evenings chat where we will discuss Multicultural Marketing: What is it and what strategy is required in order to be successful using it.
Multicultural marketing, uses a tailored approach to incorporate specific cultural attributes into traditional marketing strategies. It is critical to display awareness and sensitivity to the myriad of cultural preferences, such as a particular group’s preferred types of food, music, dress and even slang.
- Introduce Mike Street/ Career Accomplishments
- Define Multicultural Marketing
- What are the advantages
- Multicultural Marketing Strategies
- Do you know what your ethnic population base in your core market/s?
- Do you know how your ethnic sales mix breaks down?
- Is your management team ethnically balanced?
- Do you have ethnic marketing practices? Hiring practices?
- Do you know how to manage cultural differences?
- Who does it well and why
- Tips for successful implementation
- Urban Marketing – subset of Multicultural Marketing?
- When to use Urban Marketing Strategies